
PRAYATNA, founded by writer K. Vivekshankar has produced many a successful play which have won several awards and rave reviews since its inception in 2001.
PRAYATNA’s stage play ‘Narendra,’ centred on the life of Swami Vivekananda, has won several awards for its concept and presentation. Now it has taken a new dimension in the form of a telefilm in Cinemascope for the first time. Shot in locations to suit the period, the telefilm has enough entertainment and educative values for the present generation.
The play is about a successful cinema actor. Fame and adulation go to his head. Circumstances force the arrogant actor to play Swami Vivekananda. He approaches a scholar to learn about the great saint. The play goes on to show how the man, inspired by Vivekananda’s life and teachings, turns over a new leaf .
The telefilm ‘Narendra’ was released in VCD format by Moser Baer under the auspices of Sri Parthasarathy Swami Sabha on June 21, at the Narada Gana Sabha Hall. K. Balachander, the doyen of stage and cinema released the VCD. Swami Gauthamanandaji Maharaj, president, Sri Ramakrishna Math, Chennai received the first copy and hailed the effort. Kathadi Ramamurthy, S.Ve. Shekher and Crazy Mohan offered their felicitations.
Veeyesvee, writer-critic (former executive editor, Ananda Vikatan), S. Anand Babu, Director of the telefilm and K. Vivekshankar, writer of the play were honoured on the occasion.
The play, ‘Narendra’ was staged at 7.30 p.m.
-The Hindu
Narendra
It’s not only a drama. It’s a lesson to the men and women who loves only to live for money.
I start to watch only with 50 % interest. The first scene was given very ordinary idea about the forthcoming scenes. But within a short time I was surprised and anxious.
I got 200 % involvement with the story, screenplay, music, lyrics, and direction. And even about the sense of humor too. The screenplay is very different. Flashes of flashbacks are very real-time. Hands off to the dialogue, the Usage of Swamijis’ Teachings are sharp and effective.
I think you believe, even I can’t felt my tears in many scenes, particularly in Climax. Situation is same, but the character changes. Silent is more powerful than dialogue. The power of peace is well demonstrated with practical life.
Neelavannan G.
It’s not only a drama. It’s a lesson to the men and women who loves only to live for money.
I start to watch only with 50 % interest. The first scene was given very ordinary idea about the forthcoming scenes. But within a short time I was surprised and anxious.
I got 200 % involvement with the story, screenplay, music, lyrics, and direction. And even about the sense of humor too. The screenplay is very different. Flashes of flashbacks are very real-time. Hands off to the dialogue, the Usage of Swamijis’ Teachings are sharp and effective.
I think you believe, even I can’t felt my tears in many scenes, particularly in Climax. Situation is same, but the character changes. Silent is more powerful than dialogue. The power of peace is well demonstrated with practical life.
Neelavannan G.


No comments:
Post a Comment